Welcome to Dan Alexander Dizmentia

Welcome to Dan Alexander Dizmentia
Thank You For Visiting

MAN-ATEE AND WOMAN-TARAY: NEW SUPER HEROES SURFACE

MAN-ATEE AND WOMAN-TARAY: NEW SUPER HEROES SURFACE
Join the Crime Wave

Bad Biker Kitties Are On The Prowl

Bad Biker Kitties Are On The Prowl
Join The Kitten Motorcycle Gang

Formula Juan Racer: Numero Uno!

Formula Juan Racer: Numero Uno!
A Real Wild Juan

Baby Formula Juan Racer

Baby Formula Juan Racer
Juan Year Old

Sunday, January 3, 2010

A Little Off Model



Here are pictures from Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom in 1986. I'm sporting an Epcot 83 shirt (it had been my brother's, and I'm aware that it is a little snug on me). Anyway, I'm posing with Alice in Wonderland's White Rabbit and Tigger (and for the record, I'm not related to any of the other people in these pictures---the place was just mobbed, and Meet N' Greets weren't even a glimmer in a Disney Executive's eye yet).

OK, this has bugged me for years. Who approved this White Rabbit costume? The clothes look right, but the head looks nothing like the character. It looks like a white version of Thumper with a black nose. Maybe I just answered my own question---they may have gone the cheap route and just altered a Thumper costume. At any rate, they have the costume looking on-model these days. And the old White Rabbit costume is what they use for their Easter Bunny and Mrs. Easter Bunny.

Then there's Tigger. Tigger only has a black nose at the theme parks. The answer to this riddle is in the picture---Tigger's black nose features mesh eye/air holes so the poor soul inside can see the possible abuse some little rugrat is about to inflict. Does the current costume have these holes in the nose? If not, maybe they should think about addressing the color. Nitpicking, I know!

Check out the stylin' Epcot shirt seen in the Tigger picture. I love the 80s.

3 comments:

  1. Awwww, how cute! Thanks for sharing your personal family pics! I love 70's and 80's shots just as much as I love the 50's and 60's shots...although I realize since this is WDW, we wouldn't be seeing anything earlier than the '70's anyway. Yeah, that older white rabbit costume was always a little odd. Did you ever see that YouTube footage of Tigger smacking around that little kid at WDW? Apparently the kid had done something to him first, so I say the kid deserved it. I think they determined that the family's plan was to start something so they could sue the park.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool shirt indeed.. do you still have it? LOL! reminds me of the next post I'm currently writing, about a shirt I refuse to throw out....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey!

    TokyoMagic!: Thank you! I saw the Tigger footage you are talking about---those poor characters take so much abuse. I think teenagers are supposed to be the worst.

    Dad: No, I don't have that Epcot shirt anymore. I do have some others that I just couldn't part with (like a Dreamfinder and Figment one).

    ReplyDelete