Welcome to Dan Alexander Dizmentia

Welcome to Dan Alexander Dizmentia
Thank You For Visiting

MAN-ATEE AND WOMAN-TARAY: NEW SUPER HEROES SURFACE

MAN-ATEE AND WOMAN-TARAY: NEW SUPER HEROES SURFACE
Join the Crime Wave

Bad Biker Kitties Are On The Prowl

Bad Biker Kitties Are On The Prowl
Join The Kitten Motorcycle Gang

Formula Juan Racer: Numero Uno!

Formula Juan Racer: Numero Uno!
A Real Wild Juan

Baby Formula Juan Racer

Baby Formula Juan Racer
Juan Year Old

Monday, February 15, 2010

I Got Recognized!!


Darrin at Dad's Dish Retro Blog (an awesome place to visit) just honored me with these wonderful awards!

http://dadsdish.blogspot.com/2010/02/recognized-awarded-and-exposed.html

Darrin is the authority on what is cool (he has his own theme song, and a stylin' collection of hats and shirts) so I will take these awards with great pride and run with them. Thank you for these awards, Darrin!

I am supposed to list 7 interesting facts about myself. Here goes:

1) One of my first "real jobs" was working as a Cast Member at the Disney Store when I was in high school in 1992. Aladdin was debuting then!

2) Lady and the Tramp is one of my all time favorite movies ever! I have a cat, but I love dogs, too. My cat is trouble just like Si and Am, but he is very affectionate.

3) I never collected toy cars as a kid, but I love Disney Racers die cast toy cars. I have been collecting them since they were released by Hasbro as "Disney's Wild Racers." My prize from this line is the Team Shere Khan Transport big rig, which comes with two Shere Khan cars (the Tar Tearin' Tiger and the Striped Speeder).

4) One of my favorite shows on TV is Clean House. It is a great way to keep me from buying more collectibles, and it is also hilarious. My favorite line from host Niecy Nash: "Stop taking everything people give you, Traci. That's how you got pregnant." Ha ha!! Clean House does get dirty sometimes.

5) Blogging is helping me sort through an out-of-control collection. It would be fine if I only collected one type of thing, but that is not the case with me. At least it's good fodder for a blog, I think.

6) I love animals, and my favorite animal is the dolphin. I feel a little sorry for them, because they can never get a full night's sleep. They always have to be alert so they can surface to breathe. That would make me crazy! No wonder they are always jumping out of the water. Maybe that's why you see so many beached whales---they are exhausted!

7) My favorite music spans the decades. I love songs from the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, and today. I cannot seem to get enough of the group 311. I listen to some of their songs over and over again. I saw them in concert last year, which was fantastic.

Now I need to nominate 7 Blogs for these awards! I'm discovering new Blogs all the time. Here are some of the ones I've been following for a while that I think are especially outstanding:

Blue Sky Disney has the latest news and rumors related to the wonderful world of Disney.

http://blueskydisney.blogspot.com/

Davelandblog shows Disneyland at its finest, past and present!

http://davelandblog.blogspot.com/

Disney and More has fantastic artwork and articles.

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/

Disney on Parole features rare behind the scenes stuff!

http://disneyonparole.blogspot.com/

Meet the World shows off the Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland, Walt Disney World and more!

http://meettheworldinprogressland.blogspot.com/

MISCE-LOONEY-OUS is a wonderful place to find the Looney Tunes you grew up with.

http://toolooney.blogspot.com/

Patrick Owsley Cartoon Art shows off artist Patrick Owsley's amazing work and rare finds.

http://powsley.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the award! That's great!

    I really can't seem to get into Lady and the Tramp. I'm not sure why, but it just has never captivated me the way other Disney classics have. My all-time fave is Robin Hood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Peyton! Thank you so much!

    I loved Robin Hood, too! The entire archery tournament scene cracks me up every time I see it. The songs were great fun as well.

    The song "Love" from Robin Hood was recently featured in Fantastic Mr. Fox!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Collecting IS a great way to fuel blog posts! I have SO many things I can post about.. I should really make a list because I always forget about ideas that get spurred from my collecting. Oh.. and Clean House is a super motivator isn't it? Another is Hoarders!! I've seen people with stuff in their "collections" similar to mine and I wonder.. "CRAP! I'm going to turn into a hoarder!" LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darrin, yes, blogging has been the best way for me to finally address my collecting "illness."

    Oh my, Hoarders!!! Watching that and Clean House will make you never want to buy anything again!

    Thanks again for my kewl awards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the award, Dan! And thanks for including my blog in your list of seven!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks TokyoMagic! I was a "lurker" on your blog long before I joined Blogger.

    ReplyDelete