Welcome to Dan Alexander Dizmentia

Welcome to Dan Alexander Dizmentia
Thank You For Visiting

MAN-ATEE AND WOMAN-TARAY: NEW SUPER HEROES SURFACE

MAN-ATEE AND WOMAN-TARAY: NEW SUPER HEROES SURFACE
Join the Crime Wave

Bad Biker Kitties Are On The Prowl

Bad Biker Kitties Are On The Prowl
Join The Kitten Motorcycle Gang

Formula Juan Racer: Numero Uno!

Formula Juan Racer: Numero Uno!
A Real Wild Juan

Baby Formula Juan Racer

Baby Formula Juan Racer
Juan Year Old

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

It Was All A Dream



Last night, I had a dream that the company I have worked for since 1999 closed its doors.

I just discovered that I will only be working half a day tomorrow. We are not closing---things are just unfortunately slow right now.

I am constantly amazed and bewildered at how much can be learned from paying attention to dreams. They really can warn you of trouble ahead.

In this case, none of this was surprising. Other folks at my workplace have had hours cut recently. This was just the first time it has happened to me.

On the bright side, I guess now is a good time to finally start selling collectibles on Ebay. I have been putting this off for years. I have a Gizmo (from the Gremlins movie) Furby still in the box that I'll sell off. How about a Fargo movie snow globe? Hopefully that didn't freeze in my garage.

I can also put some more time into some artistic assignments that I am working on, like paintings I'm doing for a friend's house (circus animals for his son's room). It would be great if projects like this lead to an exciting new future.

I have this lyric from Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress show stuck in my head:

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

Oh, the monkeys seen here are from something I'm working on for my cute little Squirrel Monkey character seen on my blog header.

2 comments:

  1. Love your artwork, Dan! Good luck with ebay...I should probably get back into that myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, TokyoMagic! Hopefully I'll have some good luck with ebay. My big concern is figuring out how to handle shipping.

    ReplyDelete